Friday, November 30, 2007

Fellowship Checklist


From Marvin Wong's book "Between Friends": Do you have true biblical fellowship in your life? The following questions adapted from author Patrick Morley helped me examine the current state of my friendships and fellowship.

When things go badly wrong, is there someone I can tell?

Do I have friends who will risk my disapproval to suggest to me that I may be getting off-track in life through sin or poor judgment?

Do I have friends with whom I can confide in who won't think any less of me?

Is there someone to whom I am accountable?

Is there someone who would share with me all of the financial resources at their disposal if I were in trouble?

If your answer is 'no' to all the above, then you will seriously need to reexamine this area of your life. The Christian pilgrimage is one we cannot walk alone. We need other people and other people need us.

Blurb: In Between Friends, Marvin Wong examines the challenges of living out an authentic Christian faith in the Malaysian marketplace. The broad range of topics - from calling to guidance, work, rest, leisure, ambition, parents, singleness, temptations and society - are examined in a warm, thoughtful and personal way.

No comments: